Let me ask you a question …
Do you sometimes feel tired and blah for no apparent reason? If so, you’re definitely NOT alone!
There are a few surprising reasons you might feel that way.
One of the TOP problems my new clients reach out to me for help is because they have a lack of energy … and are dragging themselves throughout the day.
There are a few big culprits that can cause a major drain in your energy … so I put a list together that I thought you might find helpful!
So here is my list of the TOP 10 Things that are draining your energy you should watch out for.
- Lack of exercise. It might seem counterintuitive, but you need to move your body. When you don’t get enough movement in your day, you can feel sluggish and blah. Start with a 10 min walk – but just start!
- Poor sleep habits. This one is pretty obvious … good quality sleep is crucial for energy. This can either be not enough sleep, or sleep that isn’t restful. Keep your phone OUT of your bedroom!
- Stress. Uncontrolled stress can wreak havoc on your body — and your life. I can’t emphasise enough how important it is to create a stress management plan so you’re ready for it ahead of time! We can’t always control the amount of stress in our life, but we can control the way we respond to it.
- Rubbish food. That’s right, I SAID IT! Eating processed garbage — usually in the form of sugar or carbs, or salty chips, will spike your blood sugar and lead you to crash right into the couch.
- Healthy foods that don’t agree with you. If you think you have a food sensitivity — like wheat or gluten, dairy, or corn — you can feel bloated, tired, and generally blah after eating. If you think you might be sensitive to some foods, that’s something you really should explore further.
- Not eating enough. Are you sensing the theme here? What you put into your body — or what you FAIL to put into your body — can have a massive impact on how you feel and what you’re able to do. If you don’t eat enough, you won’t have the energy to keep you going all day long! Eat less and move more is NOT the answer.
- Not getting enough protein. Protein helps keep your body feel full, and also can help you avoid blood sugar swings … both of which impact your energy. Include protein with your breakfast and lunch – don’t save it for dinner!
- Too much caffeine. Yes, this can give you a quick boost of energy right away, but then can leave you feeling tired and drained. Especially if you’re having it first thing in the morning, before food. HINT – coffee AFTER breakfast, always!
- Too little water. Being just a little dehydrated can send your energy levels down in a big way. Aim for 1-2 litres plus a few herbal teas each day!
- Finally, and for something a little different! Negativity. Believe it or not, the environment you’re in and the people you’re around can drastically affect your energy levels. Be mindful of who and what you’re surrounding yourself with – they can lift you up or drag you down…
I hope you found this list helpful!
What are some of the things that leave YOU feeling drained?
Was it on the list?
Let me know!
I am a firm believer that everything is connected.
You are more than a symptom. Hormones, stress, sleep, what you eat and how you move your body – ALL IMPACTS YOUR HEALTH and your life.
If you’re looking for help, then why don’t you book in a Hormone Help Call – we can chat about what is going on and how we can best help you.
It could be the call that changes everything!
Let’s get that spring in your step back, you have a whole lot of living left to do!